I used my Art Philosophy Cartridge to cut the 18 pieces and the folding and gluing was a breeze. The paper was pretty lightweight and then I started opening up the pieces to form the ornament. That's where I ran into trouble. It didn't want to stretch all the way and some of the sections got a little 'wonky'. Take a look:
I ended up cutting extra pieces.
I really like this ornament, but I will do a coupleof things differently the next time I make one. First, I will use very lightweight paper - think copy paper weight. Second, I will cut at least 24 pieces so the paper doesn't need to stretch as much. I used red tape as my adhesive and some of it came loose, that's why I think very lightweight paper is the key!
It's been a busy week and I didn't have the opportunity to make another ornament, but when I do, I'll give you an update.
Please be sure to visit My Time To Craft to see what the rest of the DT has created. I hope you'll get in the holiday spirit and join us!
Have a great weekend.