Monday, June 23, 2014

Pretty It Up! Upcycled Planner

Welcome back everyone!  Here's a quick project I finished right before my Craft Room was packed.  
I always get these sample planners in the mail.  They list your organization's name and all the possibilities you could have printed on the inside flaps.  I liked the planner, but not the cover or inside flaps.  So, what's a girl to do?  Cover it!
I started with this:

I covered it with cardstock - both inside and outside.
For some reason, this photo flipped itself. Technology is wonderful, isn't it?!

Then, I stamped a chicken wire background stamp all over it to give it some texture.  Papers from Graphics 45 were added and the planner was transformed!
Sorry about the flash - I was having camera issues and really needed to be packing!

I added the 3 bronze studs in the lower-right corner and a ribbon along the left seam -which actuall serves a purpose:
No more searching for the correct page!

And that's it.  A simple transformation and I didn't have to toss a perfectly good planner because I couldn't use any of the information contained on the cover or inside flaps!

So, the next time you get one of those samples in the mail - Pretty It Up!

Ann - who's going back to her packing now!





No comments: