Tuesday, May 13, 2014

The Ugly Bathroom

This is what the bathroom looked like when we moved in:
Please note the lovely brown paint color and the worn oak cabinets.  I also want to bring the shower doors to your attention.  I don't know about you,  but I HATE them!!  It seems no matter what you do, it is impossible to keep them clean - so, they had to go!  We took them out, removed the screws for the tracks, and carefully removed the adhesive.  
While we continued to work, I put up this lovely white shower curtain!  ;)

The rest of the story goes like this:  The walls were painted a pale blue, the cabinets were stained and I added porcelain knobs.  Add lace curtains and a pretty shower curtain and the room was transformed - for a very affordable price!  I spent under $100.

The final result:

I'm  pretty pleased with the results!  Sorry, I can not find a close-up of the cabinets.  I know I took one...I'll update when I find it.

Linking to  Make It Pretty at The Dedicated House.


2 comments:

Pat N. said...

Pretty transformation!

DIANA L. said...

Very pretty - nice clean look Have a blessed day
DIANA L.
dianamlarson.blogspot.com