Sunday, September 1, 2013

Summer Bucket List Results

It's Labor Day Weekend and that always signals the end of summer.  School has already started here, so, sadly, my blog has been a bit neglected.  Once I'm into my "school routine" the posting will improve.  So, please stay with me - I've got lots to share!

In the meantime -- Here are the Summer Bucket List Results:
FYI - Everything has a link!

1. Lose 10 pounds.  Well, I lost 2!  I was very enthusiastic about starting an exercise routine.  The very first day I started, my knee said, "Oh no you don't"!  I decided to listen because it really hurt!  I may be visiting the doctor...stay tuned for that one!

2.  Create one new thing from Pinterest each week for a total of 10 projects.  I completed this one!  Here they are:
  1.  Chicken Tortilla Soup
  2.  A Better Mousetrap
  3. Paint Stirrer Flag
  4. Crispy Southwest Chicken Wraps
  5. Christmas Tree Ornament from Corks
  6. Jeans Pillow
  7. Jeans Apron
  8. Coffee Cup Cozy
  9. A Piece of Cake
  10. Soda Bottle Prizes
3.  Complete 10 Scrapbook Pages.  I completed 7:
  1. 4 are shown in this post
  2. 2-Page Christmas Layout
  3. Soccer
4.  Attend CK Convention.  Yes, I did - and it was a blast!  See the post here.

5.  Read 8 New Books.  This was an easy one since I LOVE to read!  I actually read more, but here are the ones I posted about:

  1. The Great Gatsby
  2. Where the Heart Is
  3. Maids of Misfortune
  4. Look Again
  5. Joyland
  6. The False Prince
  7. Guilty Wives
  8. The Fort
  9. Come Back
My Top Three (in no particular order):
  1. The Great Gatsby
  2. Joyland
  3. Guilty Wives
6.  Take a Trip.  Unfortunately, we didn't get to this one.  We had a lot of "stuff" going on and we just couldn't fit it in.  Stay tuned, though.  That will be a post in the future!


Thanks for joining me this summer on my Summer Bucket List Quest!  I'm already planning another.  The question is...will we have to wait until next summer????

Happy Labor Day Weekend - Have fun and be safe!



2 comments:

Judith said...

I haven't seen all your bucket list posts Ann ( been very absent and I still am - in Florida on vacation lol) but I've enjoyed the ones I saw and you got a great result! - I might just make myself one when I get home - I'm sure it's good motivation. Those 10 pounds seem to belong to all of us (and the rest) - that's top of my list .... Watch my space! Hugs Judith x

Becky B. said...

WOW! You did great with accomplishing so many of the things on your bucket list - way to go! I am still working my way through the Philippa Gregory novels - love them! If you like Tudor and pre-Tudor historical fiction, you should try reading these too. (If you've ever seen the movie "The Other Boleyn Girl", you will know who Philippa Gregory is...she wrote the book that the movie was based on.) I too wanted to lose 10 pounds while I was on summer break, and only lost 2 as well...just wasn't able to get back into an exercise routine - oh well! Hope your new school year has started smoothly! :)