Monday, July 8, 2013

Take an Old Pair of Jeans...

I know you have an old pair of jeans lying around.  You know the ones.  The pair that you swear you're going to lose enough weight to be able to wear them again.  I decided to wave the white flag and turn them into something new!
I started with that old pair of jeans and a small pillow that's been hiding in my linen closet for far too long:

Since the process is so simple, I didn't take step-by-step pictures.  First, I cut off the legs - don't throw them out.  There's another project just for them!  Sew a seam along the bottom and stuff the pillow in.  Stitch the top closed and you have your pillow!  

My first thought was "this would be great for a teenager!"  I proceeded to put the remotes in the front pockets:

How can you lose them when they're in a pocket?  Right?

My husband thought it would be fun to pull down the zipper and hide something in there.  I assured him that I tried to keep this a G-rated blog.  He still thought it was a great idea. I'm still shaking my head...

I hope you enjoyed this idea, but please stop back later this week.  You'll want to see what I did with the rest of that pair of jeans...


Linking to  The Dedicated House.




4 comments:

byheleng said...

Ann, this is so cool!!!!

Pat N. said...

Cute idea! Watch out for that husband of yours! lol made me laugh.

Ann said...

Thanks, Ladies! Yes, Pat, he is a lively one - keeps me laughing!

Becky B. said...

BAHAHA! Your hubby's idea cracked me up - too funny! I've been wanting to make some cute throw pillows for the furniture on our patio, and this idea fits the bill perfectly!!