Thursday, July 11, 2013

Take an Old Pair of Jeans - Take 2!

Welcome back!  The other day I shared my first project with you using an old pair of jeans. Now it's time for the second one:

I made this apron from one leg of the jeans.  The eyelet trim was from an old skirt that had been hanging around for too long!  Since there was no pattern, I "eye-balled" the shape of the apron and started adding the trim.  
My favorite part of this project is the flower:

I cut off the waistband from the skirt to make this flower.  I used a running stitch along one edge and gathered it together.  I decided to leave the raw edge and added a sparkly button to the center.
These aprons are all over Pinterest and I'm sure you have an old pair of jeans hanging around.  Now it's your turn to give it a try!

My apologies for the photos.  The Mt. Charleston wildfires are burning and casting an eerie glow over the valley.  Hopefully, the firefighters will be able to get them under control soon!
Thanks for stopping by!


3 comments:

Tammy Kralick said...

Another great idea...but will it motivate me to cook more often??? Not likely. Lol

Becky B. said...

LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! I've got some old jeans in my craft closet just waiting for a GREAT project like this...thank you for the inspiration!! :)

Ann said...

I can't wait to see yours, Becky!