Sunday, July 7, 2013

Best Read of the Summer - So Far!


I know what you're thinking.  Stephen King?  He's a horror writer - The Shining, Pet Cemetery...not so!  He actually is a wonderful story-teller and this book is a perfect example of it.

Joyland is a "coming of age" story set in the early 1970's.  The main character, Devin Jones lands a summer job at an amusement park that was the scene of a murder some years earlier.  It's a little bit ghost story/crime novel, mixed in with a little bit of romance. The mystery he solves and the friends he makes, change his life forever.  I finished this book in a day and a half.  I just couldn't put it down!  
If you're not usually a Stephen King fan, I encourage you to step out of that box and give this book a try.  You won't be disappointed!


Be sure to stop back tomorrow to see who is the lucky winner of my Blog Candy, and later in the week for some new projects!  I'm trying to keep up with that Summer Bucket List!

No comments: