Saturday, June 29, 2013

MASK

No, I'm not planning for Halloween already...although it's not a bad idea!  Today's challenge at My Time To Craft is MASKING.  

This is a very simple technique.  All you need is some sticky notes and scissors.  In order to create a look that images are behind/in front of each other, you need to stamp your images on the sticky notes and cut them out.  Stamp your first image as you normally would, then cover it with one of your 'masks' made from the sticky notes.  Stamp the image again, overlapping the first image that is covered with the mask.  If you wish to stamp more images, keep using your masks, and, as in this example, you'll have whole bouquet of flowers!

I finshed this card with some inked edges, twine and a button!
Be sure to stop over at My Time To Craft to see what the rest of the Design Team has in store for you and share your own creation!

Enjoy the rest of the weekend!  We're having temperatures in the 115 degree range.  Hopefully, it's a little cooler where you are!

Linking to Heart2Heart.

12 comments:

Sue B said...

Ooh this is gorgeous Ann!! what a fab image you've created with the stamp… I love the pretty papers and colour combo… and the twine detail finishes it off perfectly!! :-))
Gracious - 115 degree would be too hot for me!! I would have to stay by my fan and lots of iced drinks!!
Hope you have a lovely weekend!!
Take Care
Big hugs
Sue xx

Pat said...

Beautiful card Ann, love the flowers you have masked and great design.

Pat xx

Vanessa (aka V'ness, Nessa, oldschool) said...

Pretty

Tammy Kralick said...

Beautiful card!!! I love how those colors work together. :)

Marianne Barkman said...

Love that card...could you please send me more details?

marianneDOTwanhamATgmailDOTcom

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Gorgeous hun, love the colours & flower!
Hugs Shell xx

Kim. said...

I absolutely love this card Ann, as soon as I saw it on the dt blog it struck me. The colours are gorgeous and the stamp used looks really pretty.
Kim xXx

Brittany said...

Your card is beautiful! I love the color scheme you chose. Also, you did a great job incorporating the masking technique! Thank you for taking the time to join us at Heart 2 Heart challenges!

Karen Bell said...

Lovely! I, too, love the color combination AND your masking is beautiful!

Carol Labuski said...

Beautiful card, Ann! The colors are perfect together! Thanks for playing along with H2H!

Ann said...

Thank you, Everyone! I really love the colors too! It was one of those times when it all just "came together" perfectly!

Haley D. said...

Very pretty! Thanks for masking with us @ H2H!