Monday, June 24, 2013

CK Convention & Four Layouts

I am now fully recovered from CK Convention. I can't believe how much my feet and legs ached after walking around all day! I left the house before 8 to pick up my friend, Tammy and I didn't walk back through the door until after 8:00 that night!  Twenty years ago that wouldn't have fazed me in the least, but, now....  

On our way to the Convention Center, we came across this sign just leaning on the wall.  Naturally, it was a photo op:

We checked-in and received our badges, wrist bands, and programs.  

Since we had early entry, we only had to wait a few minutes until the Vendor Fair opened.  We had an hour before our classes started and we made the most of it.  I managed to buy my pin (you can see it on my badge in the pic above), a t-shirt, and an adorable scrapbook kit:
T-Shirt

Can't wait to start this!

Our classes ran from 10:00 till 2:00 with short breaks in-between. 

Snacks were an important part of the day:
We didn't eat a real meal until after 5:30!

Here is the proof that we did some serious work in our classes:

One perfectly good manicure sacrificed in the name of scrapbooking!  LOL

Here are the acrylic layouts we made:




We also took a card class and a chipboard book class with cool closures.  I haven't finished those projects yet.  That is one thing you need to know about these classes.  You don't get to finish your projects!  You are there to learn the techniques and you finish them at home.

After our classes, we headed back to the Vendor Fair and shopped for the rest of the day. We discovered that the way we scheduled the day allowed us to miss the crowds.  We thought the Vendor Fair was pretty quiet in the afternoon and after talking with a few people, we discovered that it was crazy all morning - while we were taking classes.  It was so nice to do some leisurely shopping without having to fight crowds! 

We didn't do anything crazy.  The funniest moment was when we were on the way to get some dinner.  The elevator doors opened and we both tried to get out at the same time.  Yes, with all of our "stuff" we got stuck!  No one was there to see it - dang!  I would have loved a picture!!!!

Thanks, Tammy, for making this such a fun day!!!!

I hope there's a CK Convention coming to a city near you.  It is well worth it!
If you'd like to read about last year's convention, you can!  Just click HERE.

I'm off to check a few things off on my Summer Bucket List...
Have a great week everyone!







4 comments:

Tammy Kralick said...

I had a blast Ann!!! So glad we could do this again. I'm totally looking forward to next year's convention. ...round three come out swinging.lol. and on a side note, your acrylic pages look amazing!!! ;)

Ann said...

Thanks, Tammy! I had a blast too! Can't wait to do it agian!!!

Becky B. said...

WOW! Gorgeous projects...gonna have to lift some of them...thanks for the inspiration! :)

Ann said...

Lift away! They were really fun to make!