Monday, June 10, 2013

Chicken Tortilla Soup - Easiest Ever!

Hi Peeps!  I'm sure you can tell I'm on Summer Vacation because I'm back again with another post!  I made this for dinner last night and it is one of my hubby's favorites.  I'm 99.9% sure I found this recipe on Pinterest, but when I went to look for it there, it was nowhere to be found!   guess I'll have to pin it, but, please, if you know where it's from,  let me know so I can credit that cook!


Doesn't that look yummy?

Here's the recipe:

Add the following to the crockpot:

1 package of boneless chicken breast - I add mine frozen
1 can of cream of chicken soup
1 can of water
1 jar of salsa - 24 oz.

Cook on high for 5-6 hours.
Use a spoon and fork to break up the chicken so it's shredded/falling apart.
Add some cumin and garlic powder - I don't measure, just shake some in 'till it feels right!
Simmer on low until you are ready to eat.
Serve with tortilla chips and cheese on top - I used jalepeno cheese.
You can also garnish with diced red onion and/or avacado.
It doesn't get any easier than that!

So, tell me, what's for dinner tonight????

2 comments:

Sue B said...

Mmm that really does look yummy Ann.... it's made me hungry again!!
I had quiche and chips for dinner... very nice! :-)
Hope you have a good week!
Hugs Sue xx

Becky B. said...

OOOOO!! That looks super yummy - gonna have to make this for dinner soon!! We had BBQ smoked sausage, baked potatoes and green beans for supper last night. :)