Sunday, June 9, 2013

Book #1: The Great Gatsby

I just finished my first book on my Bucket List of 8 for the summer.  After seeing the movie with Leonardo DiCaprio, I knew I had to read the book.  This is not typical for me.  Usually, I won't see the movie before I read the book.  I will tell you this, the movie storyline stayed very close to the book.


Let me just say that both were fantastic!  For those of you who are unfamiliar with the story, this is a novel written about a group of wealthy New Yorkers during the Jazz Age.  There are so many things to tell you about all of the characters, but I don't want to spoil anything if you haven't yet read it! In my opinion, it's a tragedy, I loved it, and I highly recommend it!
Be sure to stop back for my Summer Bucket List Updates and have a great week!

2 comments:

Haley D. said...

Thanks for sharing your review! I wondered about how the book compared to the movie. Now I will probably have to read the book.

Btw, are you familiar with Shelfari.com? I use it to keep track of what I read (and what I hope to read, like when someone recommends a new author or book).

Ann said...

You should read it, Haley. It's wonderful! I am not familiar with Shelfari. I recently discovered Goodreads, but now I will have to take a look at Shelfari.
Are you on Summer Break yet?