Saturday, April 6, 2013

CAS

Clean and Simple...one of my favorites! I'm a firm believer in the "less is more" theory and this week, that's the challenge at My Time To Craft!
I have to be honest, my first attempt at this challenge wasn't 'Clean and Simple' enough - hard to believe, huh? I had a great card and then I read the criteria:  No layers and minimal embellishments - preferably none. Silly me, not checking the details before creating... So, I went back to the craft table and came up with this:
I really do love how this card came out.  The other one is very pretty too, I'll have to post it another time.  

Black ink was the basis of this card.  I made a straight-line border all the way around the ednge of the card, then just 'wiggled' a line back and forth over it.  The rose was stamped and then I used chalks to add some color.  That's it - Clean and Simple!

I hope you are inspired to join us in this challenge - hop on over to see what the rest of the Design Team created!

Linking to Make It Monday.

19 comments:

Vanessa (aka V'ness, Nessa, oldschool) said...

lovely!

Judith said...

Such a pretty card - simply gorgeous hugs Judith x

Pat said...

Gorgeous Ann, love the flower.

Pat xx

Loz said...

Gorgeous CAS card Ann. I saw this on MIM..Loz

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Oh hun this is beautiful!
Hugs Shell xx

ps the other one was gorgeous as well xx

Elena said...

wow! IT's more elegant!! I love it! Saw it on MIM.

Debra Miller said...

Lovely CAS card Ann. Saw it on MIM. Deb

Gail said...

I saw your beautiful card on Make it Monday - I love CAS - great rose on your card and sentiment too! Enjoy your week! Gail

Jan Ltc said...

Fabulous card I popped over from mim xx Jan

Wedgie said...

Love the chalk colouring, its such a pretty card. I find it hard to keep CAS cards simple!!

Wedgie xxx

Kim. said...

This is gorgeous, love the rose. I too didn't read the finer points before I posted my card at least you noticed first lol.
Kim xXx

MagsB said...

This is 'simply' beautiful! The rose is so elegant, and the wiggly-line border looks great!

love Mags B x

Shirley-anne said...

SIMPLY CAS SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL . Love this style .Love your doodling and the flower . Super card , thanks for sharing on Make it Monday
Shirley-Anne

Desire Fourie said...

This is just gorgeous. Love the colours. All the elements work so well together. I saw this on MIM and just had to pop over to have a closer look.
{Would love you to visit my blog and join my 500-Follower Give-Away. Thank you so much if you already have entered and good luck.}
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Kasey ~ in Oz said...

Elegant simplicity, just beautiful.

Saw you at MIM, I'm there at 13 this week feel free to visit my little fairy tree house.

Cheers,
Kasey

Sheila said...

Elegant x

Lola said...

Saw your card at MIM and had to comment on the elegant look of your CAS creation. The touch of color is so perfect.

Julia said...

Gorgeous card!
Hugs,
Julia

Julia said...

I saw your beautiful creation on Make It Monday and had to visit and take a closer look. Gorgeous! TFS!

My entries is #2 and #212.

I would love to have you visit my blogs: Paper and Scraps Creations by Julia and My Art... Healing The Soul and become a follower.

Hugs,

Julia