These photos give you a look at both sides. This was an easy project, although, I will say it was time-consuming. Now that's it's finished, it was definitely worth it! Here is how I did it:
I used an old clipboard that had been begging to be re-purposed! I used some sandpaper to "rough-up" the surface and applied a thin layer of Mod Podge with a foam brush. I carefully place the paper on the clipboard and used my brayer to smooth any bumps and/or bubbles. The back was the easy part. The front took a little more ingenuity.
First, I made a template so I could cut the paper to fit around the clip:
I used the template to cut the paper:
This is where I had to be creative. The clip is not removable, so I had to use a clamp to hold the clip open during all of the "Mod Podging". I used 5 layers of Mod Podge.
When everything was dry, it was time to add the bling. I had some in my stash, but went to the store to buy more. Here is a close-up of the clip:
E-6000 was used as the adhesive.
I'd love to hear what you think of this little project...
In the meantime,
My Time To Craft is having a Decoupage Challenge this week. Be sure to stop by and see what the rest of the Design Team has created!
Till next time - Stay Crafty, Everyone!
And, don't forget, tomorrow I'm, participating in the Be Mine Blog Hop. You don't want to miss it!