Monday, January 21, 2013

Art Philosophy Penguin

Don't you just love it when you can take an image that has one purpose and use it for another?  That's exactly what I did to create this adorable little penguin card:

The base of this card is actually an egg.  It is from the Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge from Close To My Heart.

Here is what it looks like on the inside:

I made two more ovals, sized appropriately, added some eyes, a beak, feet, and a bow tie.  Oh, the feet are hearts, from the Artiste Cricut Cartridge, and the bow tie, yes, you guessed it, from the same cartridge.
Remember, both of these cartridges are available by clicking the SHOP button at the top of my blog!
I made this little fella for the challenge over at the Die Cuttin' Divas.  Be sure to check them out!
Have a great week everyone!

5 comments:

Gerda said...

Super cute card!! Love the bow and great that you made a penquin from a egg shape!! Thanks for joining us at DCD this week!
Gerda
http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

Pat N. said...

Oh my, that's so adorable! And so creative to use the egg-shaped card. Very clever! Thanks for sharing it at DCD this week.

Mommy's Crafty Creations said...

Wow so adorable!! Thank you for joining our DCD challenge

Veronica DCD

Sheila Wilson said...

I wish I had seen this before the holidays. He is so cute!

Becky B. said...

Too.Stinkin'.Cute!! :) LOOOVE it!