Monday, January 7, 2013

A Kiss

It's time to get started on those Valentine's Day projects.  I was inspired by a card posted on Pinterest.  Click here to see it.  Here is my first Valentine's Day card:
I'm pretty sure you are asking, "How did she make that Hershey's Kiss?"  I started with a heart cut from the Cricut Artiste Cartridge - page 49. Think of it this way:  The heart is upside-down with the rounded parts cut off.  Here's a visual:
This heart is actually from page 71.

The "Kiss" is made with the new Glitter Paper featured in the "Who's Your Valentine" kit from Close To My Heart.  I stamped 'kiss' on the Color-Ready Seam Binding Ribbon.  It was then mounted on Chocolate Striped Grosgrain Ribbon on a card that was embossed with hearts.

I think this is a great way to make Kisses!  
If you are interested in any of the products used in this project, you  can click on the "Shop" button at the top of my blog.

I am linking to:


9 comments:

Shirley-anne said...

Hello Ann.
Love your card with the wide ribbon and the embossed background ..
Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday .
Shirley-Anne

Kelley Balzola said...

So clever! LOVE

mags said...

A lovely creation. Thanks for sharing with us at Dream Valley and good luck.
Mags
x

Lori said...

How cute and such a smart way to make a kiss!

NJ Stamping Queen said...

Wonderful card, Ann! Thanks for posting the directions for making the "kiss"! What will you do with the remainder of the kiss?

:) Marie

craftygranny said...

ooh i like it and i never would have thought of it . Thanks for sharing at glitternsparkle hugs trisha x dt

Faye's Paper Passion said...

Hello. Your card and colors are Beautiful. I saw this on MIM .Faye

Ann said...

Thank you for all of your kind comments!
Marie, I'm not sure what I'll do with the remainder. If I make a few of them they could be used as a scallop border, though!

Sheila said...

Very elegant, love red and black x