Saturday, December 1, 2012

Snowmen!

It's that wonderful time of the year when our thoughts turn to Christmas.  At least it is for me!  This week, we at My Time To Craft are inspired by Snowmen.  I couldn't resist creating two projects for this challenge.  Let's get started!

This fellow started out as a tealight.  I colored the "flame" orange to create his nose, added eyes and a mouth with a marker, ribbon for a scarf, a hat and two circles (sponged with light blue ink) for the body.  You can also see two branches peeking out for arms.  I was inspired by Pinterest.  Click here to see the original.  Thank you Lorraine!


A couple of years ago, I made a pencil from a roll of Rolos®.  You can click here to see it. Well, it's the time of year for a snowman, so, here's what I came up with:
Just a little cardstock, markers, ribbon, and the finger off an old glove (for the hat), and you have a snowman.  I think they'll make great stocking stuffers. Don't you?

As you can tell, I'm in Holiday Crafting Mode!  Be sure to keep stopping by to see more goodies! 
 In the meantime, stop over at My Time To Craft to see what the rest of the Design Team has created.  




7 comments:

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Fantastic creations hun, the tea light is a great idea!
Hugs Shell xx

PaperDaisies said...

Both great creations. Love your snowmen. Hugs Nina

Kim. said...

These are both fantastic gift ideas, love the tea light.
Kim xXx

Pat said...

Two great creations Ann, love them!!

Pat xx

Meihsia Liu said...

This is such an adorable creation. Love your cute snowman. Thank you for playing along with us this week at Make It Monday... :)

Sheila said...

Simply lovely x

Wedgie said...

Wow! You are so creative! What brilliant projects!

Wedgie xxx