Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Halloween Decor

Yes, It's time to show you a fabulous way to decorate with pumpkins without the mess!  Here is what you will have when you are done:

I started with an artificial pumpkin that you can buy at the local craft store and cut it in half with a sharp knife:
The best part is that you can now make two decorated pumpkins!  

The next, very important item is...
Yes, it IS that easy!  Just stretch one leg of the tights over the pumpkin half.  Cut off the excess, tie it in a knot, and tuck it into the back of the pumpkin.

Now, you decorate with whatever you have:  I chose ribbons and spiders.  Here is a close-up:

This pumpkin is hanging on my office door.  I have some flowers and a raven for the other half - I just haven't had  time to create that one yet!  As soon as I do, I'll add it to this post!

Hope you liked this quick and easy tutorial on creating a pumpkin for Halloween.  Be sure to stop back again soon!

Linking to Make It Monday.


2 comments:

Meihsia Liu said...

Wow...this is such a brilliant idea and beautiful decoration for Halloween. Thank you so much for playing along with us at Make It Monday this week.... :)

Becky B. said...

What a great idea...so fun!! I'm gonna have to make one of these next Halloween - thanks for the inspiration! :)