Friday, July 6, 2012

I Cried Today

Meet Tylar and his Dad:

I first met Tylar as a boy in my First Grade Class.  He was suffering from Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy and was in a wheelchair.  His Dad wanted nothing less than the best for him.  I can't tell you how much I respect him for his dedication to his son.

Tylar was a boy who never complained.  He was facing great odds, but never had a "down" moment.  I know that because we spent 2 school years together.  After First Grade, I looped my class to Second Grade and Tylar came with  me.  I haven't seen him in years, but through Facebook, we were able to reconnect, even though we live thousands of miles away.  Tylar graduated from high school last month, a proud day for him and everyone who knew him.  

Today, Tylar lost the battle with his disease.  Deep in my heart I know that he his free from his diseased body and is in heaven.  I cried for all of us who are left here, missing him.  

Godspeed, Tylar.  You made everyone around you a better person.
  

8 comments:

recollectionalley said...

I am so sorry for your loss Ann. Isn't God GREAT when he brings the most amazing people into our lives to inspire us? Thoughts and prayers to you and Tylar's family.

Hugs...
Janea

recollectionalley said...

I am so sorry for your loss Ann. Isn't God GREAT when he brings the most amazing people into our lives to inspire us? Thoughts and prayers to you and Tylar's family.

Hugs...
Janea

Haley D. said...

Thank you for sharing Tylar and his story with us. He sounds like an amazing young man, and I hope that his great attitude and outlook on life will continue to inspire others. God bless!

Ann said...

Thank you, Ladies. Tylar was an amazing person and I was blessed to have him in my class.

Tammy Kralick said...

Prayers and love for you, but especially for Tylar's family. As a mother, I cannot imagine their immense pain and sorrow over the loss of their wonderful son. :(

ELLEN said...

It always saddens me to hear of young children losing their lives. He must have been an inspiration to so many. Sorry for your loss Ann.

Becky B. said...

Thanks for sharing Tylar's story with us...brought a tear to my eye. His legacy will always live on in the hearts of those that he touched during his short life. So very sorry for your loss, Ann.

Ann said...

Thank you everyone. I was just able to come back to this post. Tylar truly was an amazing person. He inspired everyone who met him.
Don't you just LOVE that smile??