Monday, June 25, 2012

CK Convention

As some of you already know, I was fortunate enough to be able to attend the Creating Keepsakes Convention on Friday.  It was held at the South Point Hotel.  So, we had to have our picture taken with the Benny Binion Statue. 



A very nice man, who was passing by, offered to take it for us.  Tammy and I were now ready to take on convention!

When we registered, we received the tickets to our classes, a door prize ticket, and this book:

We continued on to the Store to purchase t-shirts, hoodies, and pins.


The hot glue gun pin has a special place in my heart - if you remember my post about the glue gun?  You can read it here and here.

We went on to the Vendor Fair since our first class wasn't until 11:30.  There were lots of vendors, some with make 'n takes, and SO much to see!  We made sure to drop off our tickets for door prizes and then we came to this booth:

...with the nicest guy:


He was selling adhesive.  But there were 2 containers in the corner of his booth.  He told us that for $5 we could have anything from those 2 containers that we could fit in the green bag.  Well, you know I love a challenge!  There were two ladies going through the bins and it was hard to get in there.  So, I asked him if we could put it on the floor.  The ladies behind me were ecstatic when I asked him and he said yes!  Here is what happened:


Bless his heart!  He even took pictures for all of us!  Tammy and I made some new friends - Hi Ladies!!! - sitting on that floor and we came away with lots of buttons, safety pins, hinges, stamp sets, and paper pads.  Do you see the green bags?  We ran into him later in the day and he thanked me for the "feeding frenzy"!!!  Happy to help!

The day continued with two classes, lots of shopping, lunch, more shopping, and did I mention the shopping????  Late in the day, we decided to check the board to see if either of us had won a door prize.  Imagine my surprise when I saw my name!  I received a $15 gift certificate to one of the vendors.  Here's what I picked out:


I think I added about $5 to get all of it!  I was so excited!

By the end of the day, we were worn out!

Tired, but still smiling!

We both agreed, next year, we are going for 2 days and staying overnight!  

Here's a pic of the stash that came home with me:
It doesn't look like much now that I see it spread out.  But, there are cards and scrapbook layouts in there.  I just couldn't get everything in the picture if I spread it all out.  

I'll try to get some pics of the cards and layouts so you can see them.  

Until then....



10 comments:

Pat N. said...

Very cool! Looks like you had a great adventure. TFS your photos.--Pat N.

BrendaB said...

Looks like you had a great time!

Haley D. said...

Looks like so much fun! So glad that what happened in Vegas didn't just stay in Vegas. Thanks for sharing! ;) BTW, I LOVE the t-shirt!

Ann said...

Oh, Haley! That is so funny! I couldn't resist the shirt!

Becky B. said...

So fun...and I LOVE that shirt and glue gun button! There are so many AWESOME vendors/products at a CK Conv!! :)

recollectionalley said...

Wow, Ann! It looks like you had a great time.

Wish you guys could come to the Tulsa Convention.

Janea
www.recollectionalley.blogspot.com

Ann said...

Jenea, I would love to come to the Tulsa one. At some point, we should have a "Girls Weekend" and actually meet! Vegas has good deals!

recollectionalley said...

That sounds absolutely wonderful! Count me in! I would love to meet you all.

Janea

Georgiana said...

Wow! You got some great goodies and I love that you could fill that green bag. Sounds like a fun challenge and entire day!



Stay Creative,
Georgiana
Carson's Creations

Tammy Kralick said...

WOW Ann, that was such a blast! I enjoyed looking at those pics and remembering all the fun and adventure we had that day...and maybe a little "misadventure"! Can't wait til we do it again :)

T