Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Repurposed Container

Add us to your blog!
Welcome Everyone!  Today I am the Guest Diva at the Die Cuttin' Divas.  Be sure to stop over to see their Flower Challenge.  But, before you go, let me show you how I made this container that is being showcased on their site:


It started as a Snickers container that was in my stocking last Christmas.  I knew there was something I could to with it, so, after eating the mini Snickers, I tucked it away.

First, I taped the inside and gave it a couple of coats of white spray paint.

Then came the fun part.  Using my Art Philosophy Cricut® Cartridge, I cut out three roses and several leaves.  After rolling the flowers, I added a pearl to the center of each one to dress them up.  I created the veins in the flowers by scoring them, sanding the score lines, and sponging on some ink.  I added a strip of the red very sticky tape, and arranged my flowers and leaves.  Simple as that!  

This is an easy project that can be adapted to any container you have around the house.  If you don't have the Art Philosophy Cricut® Cartridge, be sure to click my "Shop" button at the top of my blog and order your own.  It is an amazing cartridge with over 700 images!

Thank you for stopping by today.  Thank you to the Die Cuttin' Divas for inviting me to be a guest, and I hope you enjoyed this little tutorial!
I'm also sending this over to Scrap It Girl's Monthly Challenge, Make It Monday, and Tuesday Alchemy!

19 comments:

Pat N. said...

Ann, your roses are absolutely gorgeous, and love how those leaves turned out! A fabulous job. Glad you could be our Guest Diva at DCD.--Pat N.

Becky B. said...

This is a fabulous project, Ann!! I love repurposing tins...and yours is spectacular! (The roses and leaves are gorgeous!) Thanks for playing along at Scrap-It-Girl's "May Flowers" Challenge! :)

Chrissy said...

Fabulous project Ann, love your roses and leaves, gorgeous work.


Thanks for sharing with us at ‘Make it Monday’

Luv CHRISSYxx

Pin And Tack said...

I love it! I always keep those tins, too, because you CAN find something to change them into.

Your creation is stunning & no one would ever guess that it was "repurposed."

I would SO excited if you joined us at Tuesday Alchemy: http://tuesdayalchemy.blogspot.com for our current challenge.

Lots of joy,
Corrinne

Sarah said...

So pretty! I must keep reminding myself I don't need this cartridge...but this is making that need a definite want!

Gerda said...

Ann,
Its great to have you as a gast designer this week at DCD.
What a great project you have made, those flowers are fabulous! and the idea is great!
Gerda
http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

Merry said...

Oh wow...I love it. I have never thought to spray paint a used tin container before. Thanks for the idea. Saw you on MIM

Ann said...

Thank you everyone for your wonderful comments! Thrilled to be a Guest Diva!

Corrinne, I will check out Tuesday Alchemy.

Sarah, you know you want this cartridge! ;)

Eileen Ng said...

What a fantastic idea to upcycle containers and you have beautified it wonderfully!

Great to see you join us at Tuesday Alchemy!

Eileen

BlackLissi said...

Fantastic idea Ann! It was a delicious box! Incredibly pretty with roses and leaves!
Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Alchemy!

Katya- Ангел ф кедах said...

Great recycling idea! I am working on tea powder tins at the moment myself =) I love your flowers, they are just fab!

Thank you for joining with us at Tuesday Alchemy!
Hugs
Katya x

JuliaPeculiar said...

So glad you shared this with us at Tuesday Alchemy. I really love repurposed containers and this is a fab example. Those roses are groovy,great job x

Pin And Tack said...

Yeah! I was joyed to see that you submitted this to Tuesday ALchemy. It fits perfectly with the Happy Wedding challenge.

Those roses are SO gorgeous & I love that you recycled/upcycled - It's important to do these days :)

Happiness,
Corrinne

Loves Happy Hour said...

great job! i use the altoids tin sometimes! this is awesome!! thanks for joining us at tuesday alchemy!!

cheers!
kelli
loveshappyhour

Michelle said...

Wow, gorgeous!! Came up a real treat. The flowers look amazing.

Thank you for sharing with us at Make It Monday this week.

Michelle :o)

Karen said...

Totally gorgeous!! I love how this turned out! Smiles.
Thank you for joining us this week with your wonderful creation!

Hugs Krafty Karen - DT for Make It Monday.

stacky said...

your tin is beautiful what a brilliant idea. I am now on the hunt for tins x

Lisa Fowler Windsor, CO said...

What a great idea! LOVE what you did. Those roses and leaves have turned this tin into a treasure! Thanks for entering Scrap It Girl's May Flower challenge.

Maya said...

So cute! I love how it turned out! Thanks for playing along with Scrap It Girl!