Monday, March 5, 2012

Reading Week & Crawling Out of the Black Hole!

Last week was Reading Week at our school.  We did a lot of reading - over 100,000 pages!  We had a magician:

He focused on reading, of course!

We had Pirates!
The rest of the crew wasn't there because they didn't do their reading!  Love that about pirates!

We did other fun things like Book BINGO, Drop Everything and Read, Mystery Readers, Hat Day, Pajama Day, and more.

Then, it happened...

I woke up with a fever of 101.2 and felt like I'd just been hit by a truck. 
I'm just starting to see the light of day today. Four days of being sick is no fun and I still have a headache! 

Yes, I'm climbing out of the black hole.  It was not a fun place to be!

2 comments:

Becky B. said...

Oh, Ann! So sorry that you are sick! I stayed home from work today...I think that I have the flu...started running a fever yesterday and I'm achey all over. (Even the tops of my feet and my elbows ache - so weird...) Sure hope you feel better soon...hugs!

Georgiana said...

Looks like a fun time. I wish some of my students would read more. They just don't understand how important it is.

Georgiana
Carson's Creations