Friday, March 23, 2012

Craft Room Reveal

If you've been a follower since last Fall, I'm sure you remember this photo:
We had just moved in to our house and this was how my craft room looked.  There was a lot of unpacking to do and the craft room, well, it needed to be functional.  Over the past few months, I've been working on the decorating.  It still needs some finishing touches, but it's finished enough to be revealed!
So, here it is:
The table and chair is from an old kitchen set. The mirror was an estate sale find, and the filing cabinet?  That was a freebie that needed to be painted black!

Standing in the door and looking to the left, this is what you see:
Two folding tables are wrapped in fabric with velcro.  The shelf holds a few finished pieces, and you may remember the wine cork wreath from here.
Underneath those tables you will find:
Those famous iris carts! Yes, I used to have them filled with wood-mounted stamps.  Since we've gone acrylic, they now hold all of the "stuff" that we crafters collect.  You know, glue gun, craft heater, punches, Cricut cartridges, embellishments, chipboard, and other goodies waiting to be altered!
I keep my stamp pads here:


This is just a quick shot of the goodies on top of my filing cabinet:

On the other side of the window is my desk.  It is an old drafting table that I refinished.  The chair is my Sahara Chair.
Now, let's move on to the closet.  I removed the doors and hung curtains for better access. 


This is where I store my papers and my stamps.  As you can see, those wire cubes hold a ton of paper!  My stamps are in the drawers and I still have some room to grow in them!

Last, but not least:

The Pig Hooks!
These hooks are very important.  Not only do they hold my apron, they hold the curtains when I need to get into the closet!

I hope you've enjoyed this tour of my craft room.  The original plan was to make it a Shabby Chic space, but, I think it ended up being a girly space that is uniquely me!   I feel so fortunate to have a space that is all mine!  Thanks for taking the tour, and I'd love to hear what you think of it!
Have a great weekend!

12 comments:

Brenda Frerichs said...

This is a lovely, organized, and inspiring space. I will imagine you sitting in this blessed space the next time I see a card posted here. :-)

Susie said...

This room is so perfect for you. You did a fantastic job!

Sarah said...

Gorgeous space!! You must be so happy that it's finally finished too! Have fun playing in it!

Michelle Gilmore said...

I love the pink and the pig hooks. Glad you have space to call home!

Scrappin Thread said...

Ann! This is so nice and so wonderfully girly! I love the pigs and that gorgeous mirror! What a great space. Hugs, Beverly

Ann said...

Thanks, Ladies! I'm really excited to have my own space. Now, if I could just keep it this clean all the time!! LOL

Lori Apgar said...

Love your craft room!!!! My niece loves piggies! I love how you used fabric to hide your goodies under the tables and in the closet - it softens up the room!!

Lori Apgar said...

Love your craft room!!!! My niece loves piggies! I love how you used fabric to hide your goodies under the tables and in the closet - it softens up the room!!

Laurie LaRiviere said...

Hi Ann, just noticed your lovely comment on my blog...I used to have a spinner, for many years and I was tired of having to empty it out all the time to clean it and it had all these holes in it for pens, etc. and the pens would fall down inside and be trapped, I was tired of it so I recycled it and decided to use the milkglass, wanted a more homey look too :)

Joanne said...

Awesome job! So attractive and inviting and very well organized! Ahhhh, maybe some day I will be lucky enough to have a crafting room of my own. . . Dream on!

Becky B. said...

Fabulous craft space, Ann!! Thanks for sharing the photos with us!! :) My craft space is a PIT right now...have supplies scattered from the projects that I've been working on - thankfully I can just close the door on that room 'til I have time to straighten it all up - LOL!! ;)

Ann said...

Stay tuned girls! I'll be posting what it REALLY looks like when there is work in progress!!!