Tuesday, February 21, 2012

My Weekend Project

I found this cute little table at a yard sale for $5.  Since I can NEVER pass up a bargain, it came home with me. 
I almost forgot to take the "before" picture!  As you can see, I had already started sanding.
Here is a close-up of the finish that needed to go:

I wasn't going for the crackled-alligator look.

After a little time with my palm sander, the table reached this stage:
Since I was planning on painting it, there was no need to remove all of the paint - just the crackles!

After a couple of coats of white enamel - the transformation:

This little beauty is going to live on the landing of my stairs.  I think it will have a lamp on it -or maybe, a plant!

Linking to Primitive & Proper

3 comments:

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

such a cute little piece! everything looks better with fresh white paint!

Becky B. said...

SO CUTE!!! I think you could put BOTH a lamp and plant on it...lamp on the top shelf and plant on the bottom one. :)

By the way, I tagged you in a post...here's the link to check it out: http://scrappinbeckyb.blogspot.com/2012/02/tag-youre-it.html

Shelly Lynn said...

what a great find!! Super cute table!

Shelly