Saturday, December 17, 2011

Vintage Sheet Music Ornament

I can not take any credit for these ornaments.  Teresa Jaye posted this tutorial at Frosted Designs a few weeks ago, and I just had to give it a try!  I made a few different versions:

Now, one word of caution.  When you pull off the top, so you can put your finger in the glass ornament while you Mod Podge, BE CAREFUL!  One of my ornaments had some rough edges and, yes, you guessed it, I sliced up my finger!  Blood does NOT add anything to these ornaments.  Trust me!
Don't worry if you don't have any sheet music.  I searched on-line for Christmas sheet music, printed it, tore it in strips, and inked the edges.  It worked just fine!

Now head over to Frosted Designs to see Teresa's Tutorial.  You'll definitely want to make a few of these ornaments!

11 comments:

Brenda Frerichs said...

I saw this at Frosted Designs, too. You did a lovely job on these ornaments. Thank you for the helpful tips. I always like the way you explain things.

Merry Christmas, friend. :-)

Lana said...

They are gorgeous Ann! :)

Chrissy said...

WOW!! These are beautiful..you have done a wonderful job.
Thanks for sharing at 'Make it Monday'
and a very Merry Christmas.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Karen said...

Absolutely gorgeous hun. Love them!
Thank you for joining us at Make it Monday this week.

Hugs Krafty Karen - DT for Make It Monday.



Remember, to leave a comment for the other entries & be sure to mention you saw
them on Make It Monday.

Wishing you a lovely Christmas and a lucky 2012.xx

Joanna King (aka Asia K) said...

I saw your ornament on MIM, what a beautiful creation! Thank you for the link to the tutorial and thanks for sharing! Joanna #66

TeenaBugg38 said...

LOL....how funny, I was gonna tell you my friend Teresa made one of these and it was gorgoeus and that you really needed to share this with her....LOL. DUH!!!! Yours is equally beautiful....this one is still on my to do list....probably won't get done for this years tree but we'll see......kids are out of school for Christmas break starting tomorrow afternoon so there is hope :) Anyway....i hopped over here from the awesome make It Monday blog and am now your newest stalker...um, follower....lol

Mrs A. said...

Just popped by From MIM. These look really fab. Will go and see the tutorial for them. Hugs Mrs A.#50

Kate P. said...

Can I say I LOVE THIS ornament, it's so much nicer than the ones I can buy here in Townsville! I saw this on Make it Monday and just had to say how beautiful this is, I'm now going back to read your instructions again!

Ann said...

Thank you Everyone!
Your comments mean so much to me. :)
I love all of my stalkers, I mean, followers!!!

Becky B. said...

OUCH! Sorry about your finger! These ornaments are soooo pretty! I need to make a set for my SIL, who plays the piano/organ...she would LOVE them! :)

Bettina L. said...

Wow I just love this ornament. Saw it on MIM and had to come in for a closer look. Glad I did, this is just so beautiful. TFS. Bettina xxx