Sunday, December 4, 2011

A Holly Tree

I've been trying to fit in as much holiday crafting as I possibly can.  Christmas is my favorite time of the year and work? - well it just gets in the way of crafting time.  I can't wait for the holiday break!!!!
So, here's something I've been working on:
This little tree started out as a 9" styrofoam cone that you can buy at your local craft store. You will also need a lot of straight pins.  I cut about 80 large holly leaves and probably another 40-50 small holly leaves using the Cricut® Art Philosophy cartridge available exclusively through Close To My Heart® (let me know if you need one).  After they were cut, I stamped them using the A Holiday A1115  stamp set.  Then I started pinning.  Red sparkles were added and a bow finished the top.  Very easy. 
I hope you'll make one too!  Let me know if you do, I'd love to see it!
Be sure to stop back again soon, I've got more to share.
Have a great week!

8 comments:

Brenda Frerichs said...

This is fantastic! I look forward to checking out your blog. I know I'm going to see something worthwhile each and every time I visit. You have such talent! :-)

Chrissy said...

This tree is just gorgeous Ann, what a huge amount of work, but so worth it, fabulous...
Thanks for sharing with us at ‘Make it Monday’

Luv CHRISSYxx

Don’t forget. .if you leave a comment on another entrant, mention that you saw their card on ‘Make it Monday’ for a chance at second prize.. the more you comment on and mention MIM, the more chances at winning second prize.

Nikbee said...

Wow! This is amazing. I may have to try it out soon. I saw this on MIM.
Nikki x

The Wife said...

Wow! what a lovely idea, I spotted this on 'Make It Monday', it will make a lovely centrepiece for your Christmas table.

Ann said...

Thanks, Ladies! I so appreciate all of your kind words.

Ifeoma said...

I saw your creation on Make it Monday and I knew I had to get a better look. Lovely creation.

Riette said...

Gorgeous!! So very clever ;) _ Saw it on Make It Monday!

Karen said...

OH Ann this tree is just wonderful!! Such a lot of effort has gone into this but so worth it hun!!
I love this! :0)
Thank you for joining us at Make it Monday this week.

Hugs Krafty Karen - DT for Make It Monday.



Remember, to leave a comment for the other entries & be sure to mention you saw
them on Make It Monday.