Saturday, November 19, 2011

Turkey

Now if you read my previous post that involved this:

It's time to show you the reason for this burn:
Isn't he adorable?  My friend Katie showed me how to make this turkey.  It involved Dreamin' papers from Close To My Heart®, circle punches, some ink, foamcore, and, of course, the evil hot glue gun!  I think he came out great!  I had only finished one row of feathers when I burned myself.  Finishing the rest was a bit of a challenge, since that finger throbbed for hours!
I'm going to enter him in this week's challenge over at Heart2Heart.  This week it's all about gratitude.  Who am I grateful for?  Our wonderful friends Judi and Rodger, who are hosting Thanksgiving this year. 
Thanks for stopping by to have a look!

7 comments:

Chrissy said...

He is fantastic Ann..love the colours, gorgeous project.

I burnt myself badly with the hot glue gun, and kept working till finished, when I started to pick the glue off, my skin came with it, as I left it too long, then it got infected, so do take care, watch the blister....

Luv CHRISSYxx

Haley D. said...

What an amazing and adorable turkey, Ann! Thanks so much for sharing him with us at H2H! Your trials and tribulations were worth it. (Hope that finger heals quicly!)

Jen said...

LOVE this!! It's so darling cute!! I hope your finger heals up quickly!!

Would it be possible to get instruction for this? I think my boys would get a big kick out of having this on the table.

Scrappin Thread said...

Ouch! What we sacrifice in the name of crafting!
This turkey is so cute, though! Happy Thanksgiving, Ann!
Beverly

The Paper Princess. . . Michelle Auten said...

How cute is that?! Simply adorable. Thanks for sacrificing your finger and sharing your wonderful talent with us. So glad you played along with us at Heart2Heart Challenge this week!

Ann said...

Thanks, Ladies!
The finger is getting better. It doesn't hurt anymore. It just looks awful!
Jen, I will check with my friend to see where she found the original instructions and I'll get back to you!

Becky B. said...

What an adorable turkey!! So sorry that your finger got burned in the process...I just HATE IT when I get burned with hot glue - OWIE!! :(