Sunday, November 13, 2011

Feeling the Christmas Spirit!

I got to spend a little time in my new craft room today and the result was "Christmassy"!
This card uses last year's Christmas Paper from Close To My Heart®  The sentiment is from A1110 A Timber, but the poinsettia, that is from the new Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge! 
It started out looking like this:
 I cut three flowers at 3", 2 1/2", and 2".  I scored them from point to point and then used my embossing stylus to score the veins in the petals.  After they were scored, I etched them a bit with one of my files, folded them bit, and inked them with Cranberry ink.  After making one more flower in Topiary, and adding some brads, I had my poinsettia:


Since the challenge at Heart To Heart is metal, I'm entering this card there.  Brads are metal, right?  I think I'll add it to Make It Monday, too.  I've been neglecting these blogs for too long!

Have a great week, everyone! 

5 comments:

Haley D. said...

Glad you're sharing your beautiful creation with us at H2H! Brads definitely count as metal, and they make great poinsettia centers.

debi barber said...

Love the veining on the flower.....looks just like a poinsettia!

Shirley-anne said...

Hello Ann.
Beautiful Christmas card , stunning flower.
Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday
Shirley-Anne

1CardCreator said...

Gorgeous poinsettia! So glad I saw it on MIM!

Lana said...

Beautiful flower Ann! Thanks for sharing! :)