Sunday, November 27, 2011

Christmas Countdown Box

It's almost December, so it's about time I started sharing some Christmas projects.  The Christmas Countdown Box is a great way to start the season.
There are 24 cards, each containing a Holiday activity.

The basic Close To My Heart® materials you need are:
  • My Creations® Memory Box - it contains 24 cards
  • Believe Level 2 Paper Pack
  • Countdown stamp set
  • Designer Ribbon - Green Collection
In addition you'll need:
  • 1 1/4 inch Circle Punch
  • Holiday Red and Topiary ink
  • Sponge
  • Corner Rounder
  • Paper Trimmer
  • Adhesive
Start by inking the edges of the box and cards. 
Cut your paper for the box (all in inches):
Top:  3 1/8 x 3 1/2
Flap: 3 1/8 x 1 1/2
Front and Back :  3 1/8 x 3 1/8
Sides:  3 1/2 x 3 1/8

Glue to box and add pop-pom trim to the flap.  I also added a button.

Card Backgrounds:  2 7/8 x 2 7/8
Round the corners, if you like, and glue to cards.

Cut activities to 1 1/2 x 2"
Round the corners, if you like, and glue to cards.


If you'd like a copy of the 24 activites (they are in a Word document), send me an e-mail and I will send them to you - free of charge.  

Punch your circles and stamp your numbers 1-24.  Attach to cards.  And that's it!  You have a beautiful box of activites to share with your family as Christmas approaches.

A few of us are making these tomorrow.  Let me know if you'd like to make one too!


 
 

11 comments:

Paige Dolecki said...

Ann - Your countdown box is super cute!

Paige

Ann said...

Thanks, Paige!

Jayma Malme said...

Adorable!

Lisa M said...

Truly a fantastic tradition to begin and it all starts in such a gorgeously designed box! What fun this is and so well decorated. Thank you for all the info on this too.

Thank you for playing along with us at Make It Monday!
Remember, for a chance to win the prize from our sponsor, leave a comment for another entry and mention that you saw them on Make It Monday.
Lisa xx

Brenda Frerichs said...

This project is very well done. I like the little messages on different pieces and the overall quality I've come to expect when seeing work from you. Wonderful! :-)

lalkygirl said...

stunning project and a fabulous idea
,saw your card on MIM
tracey x

The Sparkly Fairy said...

What a great idea! Thank you for visiting my blog. Have a great day!

Diana said...

I Love this, we just used these pp yesterday at our workshop I LOVE them. I'm doing my Dec. Daily with them. Your box looks great.

Crafting As I Know It said...

LOVE THIS IDEA! Since I saw your post on the bb I have been wanting to make this and just haven't had time. I still have the box ready and waiting to go!

Christine said...

Saw your project on MIM - what a brilliant idea, innovative! :)

Ann said...

Thank you, Everyone - for visiting my blog and leaving such wonderful comments!