Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Floriano Punch Flower Tutorial

Recently, someone asked what punch I used to make a flower.  I decided to make a quick tutorial, showcasing the punch and the 3D flower.

I started with the Floriano Punch from McGill.  I punched 3 flowers.


On two of the flowers, I made a cut to the center, pulled one petal over the other, and glued them together.


On the third flower, I cut one petal off completely, pulled one petal over the other, and glued them together.


This is what the three flowers should now look like:

You do not need the petal that you removed. 

Next, ink the edges of all of the flower petals.  I used the same color, but I think a contrasting color would be very pretty.



Now, curl the edges of the petals.  I used a pen that was sitting on my table.


Trim the bottom of one of your 4 petal flowers.  This will help it sit better on your project.  Once you have done that, glue (I used Liquid Glass from Close To My Heart®) your two 4-petal flowers together, one on top of the other, but off-set.  This way, you see eight petals.


Take your 3-petal piece and trim the back of it as well.  It will sit better in the flower center.  Use a little more Liquid Glass and attach this piece to the center.  Add a pearl for the center, and you are done!

Your flower is ready for your card or project!

7 comments:

Paige Dolecki said...

Ann -

Thanks for the tutorial! Your flower is just beautiful. I'll have to find that punch or something similar to give it a try!

Paige

Eemeli said...

Awesome! Saw your card on Make It Monday. Blue is definitely my fav color and thanks for the tutorial also ^^
Hugs from Finland, Eemeli

Lori said...

What a beautiful flower! Thank you so much for the tutorial!

Kristin said...

Thanks for sharing!

Becky B. said...

Lovely!! Thanks for the tute...I'm gonna have to buy this flower punch for sure!

Brenda Frerichs said...

Terrific tutorial, Ann. I consistently draw great inspiration from your work. :-)

Kerrie said...

Great tutorial, thanks for sharing...

Thanks for sharing your creation with Make It Monday.
Don't forget......... if you leave a comment on another entry, mention that you saw their card on "Make It Monday" for a chance at second prize. The more entries you comment on the more chance you have of winning second prize.