Saturday, February 19, 2011

Scallop Circle Punch Flower Tutorial

It has been a loooong week and I'm so glad to have a 3-day weekend! 
During the Valentine's Day Blog Hop, I was asked to do a tutorial on the flowers I made for a few projects!  Suz, this one's for you!

Use your 2" Scallop Circle Punch to punch 8 scalloped circles.

Use a sponge dauber to apply the ink color of your choice.  I used Cranberry ink on Colonial White cardstock.

Place the circles on a paper towel and spray them with water.


After a few seconds, you'll notice them curl a little.  That's OK!



Take each circle and crumple it.


Open each one up carefully.  They are wet! 


Stack them on top of one another.



I used my Paper Piercing Tool to put a hole through all of the circles.
 

Put a brad through all of the layers.  The color doesn't matter.  It won't be seen.


Pull up the first circle around the brad.


Continue this with each circle.  I tend to pinch the circles a little tighter at the base near the brad. 


This is how your flower will look when all of the circles have been pulled up.  You're not done yet!


Using you fingers, fluff the edges of the flower "petals" until you get the look you want.


Now, if you want to use colored cardstock with a white core, you will see the white edges.  If you don't like this look, use a sponge dauber to color the white edges.  This flower still has it's white edges:


These flowers look beautiful on cards and gifts.  Here are a couple of cards that I used them on:




The million dollar question is:  Are they roses or carnations?  I don't know, you can decide!  I hope you've enjoyed this tutorial and have found it helpful! 
 Leave me a comment and let me know.  Who knows, this could become a regular feature here at November Rose!    
 
Thanks for stopping by!  Have a wonderful weekend!  
Ann                  

10 comments:

Brenda Frerichs said...

Stunning. Beautiful. Perfect. These flowers are all that and more. And your tutorial is great!

TFS :-)

Paige Dolecki said...

Ann -

Beautiful flowers and great job on the tutorial!

Paige

Valerie said...

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing this! I'm going to try it!

Suz said...

Ann! Thank you thank you thank you!! These are soooo gorgeous! I love the white w/ the cranberry edges...when I get done having this darned winter virus that's going around, I'm going to give this a try.....

Ann said...

Thank you all! I so appreciate your comments.
Suz, take care of yourself and get better! Then post your flower so I can see it!

MissMary said...

Very nice! Your tutorial was easy to follow and my 8 year old granddaughter and I made some together today!

stampmom said...

Fabulous! Thanks for the awesome tutorial. Can't wait to try this on the diamond fold card by Brenda Frerichs:)

Gail S. said...

beautiful carnation!

Jane said...

Thanks for sharing your great tute! Can't wait to share flowers with my cardmaking friends in May!

Monica said...

What lovely flowers... and thanks for sharing the tut. By the way, I love making my own flowers as well. So we have something in common!

xxx Monica