Sunday, January 23, 2011

Stuffed Pepper Soup

After watching a little football this afternoon and noting the single digit temperatures, I thought it was time to post the recipe for Stuffed Pepper Soup.  This is a recipe that is sure to warm you up!

Stuffed Pepper Soup

2 pounds ground beef
1 large onion, chopped
5 green peppers, chopped
Brown these ingredients and drain well.

Now add:
6 cans of tomato soup & 5 cans of water
1 can of beef broth & 1 broth can of water
2 teaspooons brown sugar
2 small cans  tomato sauce
1 & 1/2 cups of uncooked white rice

Simmer until the rice is cooked. 

I like to make this soup ahead and let it sit.  That way it really thickens up.  To be perfectly honest , it's better the next day, but you may need to add some water.

Keep warm and enjoy!

2 comments:

Heather Martin said...

This sounds so yummy! I'm sending hubby to the grocery store so I can cook it tonight for dinner! :o)

Ann said...

Heather,
Please let me know how it turns out!