Friday, December 24, 2010

Scandinavian Christmas House


This was the inspiration:

If you've been following my blog, you remember Valentine House and Halloween House.  Well, I wanted to make a Christmas House and the Shabby Tea Room gave me the opportunity.  This is how this house began:

I painted it with acrylic paint, covered it with the Mistletoe papers from Close To  My Heart®, and added the "gingerbread" trim using a Martha Stewart punch.


The roof was covered with heart punches from Mistletoe and Cranberry Gingham papers.
Next came the doors and windows from D1377 Around the Block stamp set.  If you look carefully, I made a wreath for the door using another B&T paper from Mistletoe and added some Sparkles.

A stamped tree from A1110 A Timber decorates the side of the house.



The roof and the ground were covered with chunky glitter and a grosgrain ribbon was tied around the house.  The perfect container for a small gift!

Thanks for stopping by!
Merry Christmas!

9 comments:

Sheila Bennett said...

What an adorable little house. You did a fabulous job.

peggylee said...

wow fabulous house-I love the papers and stamps you used...I have been trying to find these houses to buy. where did you get yours? if you don't mind me asking.

Ann said...

PeggyLee,
They are from SaveOnCrafts. They also have a larger version!
Ann

Debbie said...

Absolutely sweet ... thanks for sharing with us in the Tea Room this week :)

Becky B. said...

Holy cats, Ann, this is downright GORGEOUS!! Great job!

Lorrinda said...

This is stunning! A Christmas keepsake for sure!

Ann said...

Thanks, Everyone! This is my favorite house so far!

Vanessa Middleton said...

I LOVE this... ADORABLE!!! I was gonna ask where you bought them too. Thanks for sharing!

Chrissy said...

Absolutely gorgeous. I would love to do something like this, and you did a great turorial for it...so esy to follow. great job.
Luv CHRISSYxx