Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Beverage Carrier - Repurposed

Everyone has seen these.  You get them at your favorite fast food places.  This happens to be a 2-beverage carrier.
You can get 4-beverage ones also, but this is what I had.  I turned it into this:
I wish my pictures were better, but it's been cloudy and rainy here for the last few days.  I started by covering the carrier with cardstock and background paper.  The papers I used are Mistletoe from Close To  My Heart®. 

I added the gold trim and Cranberry ribbon. 

The notebook is a mini composition notebook that has been covered and embellished.  That is where you can keep your lists for gifts, cards, shopping lists, the naughty  & nice list, etc.  It is held on with a binder clip that has been covered with background paper.  Inside is the tape, gift tags, and tissue paper.

On this side I clipped a pen to the top and stored the ribbon and bows.  I  was going to punch holes for the ribbon to run through, but then I had another thought.  This would make a great gift carrier too!  Imagine cookies in a jar on one side and hot cocoa on the other.  Or, crackers and cheese with a bottle of wine.  The possibilities are endless!

Here's one last look at the front.  Remember, you can click on the photos for a larger view.

 I'm entering it in the Paper Cubed December Challenge

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Becky B. said...

WOW, Ann!! You did a beautiful job on this...I love all of the detail work! :)

Lorrinda said...

Now THIS would certainly help me organize my mess! What a beautiful job you've done embellishing this! Love the papers you used. Thank you so much for sharing it with us at P3.

Lorrinda said...

Congratulaions Ann! You made the Top3 at Paper Cubed with this one!

Lorrinda said...

And, looks like you won the December prize too!