Saturday, November 27, 2010

My Black Friday

Let me begin by saying, "I DID NOT SHOP TODAY!"  Yes, I am shouting!  I didn't shop in honor of my sister-in-law, Jane, who  has been working in retail her whole life.  I think it's outrageous that retail employees have to be up in the wee hours of the morning so people can shop.
Now this is a lot coming from the "Queen of Shopping", aka Me.  I always went shopping on Black Friday.  But that was before retailers told me I had to get up in the middle of the night to get the best deals!  Sorry, I just won't do it.  And don't get me started on the stores that were open on Thanksgiving.....

OK, off my soapbox and on to the real purpose of this post.  Here is what I did on Black Friday:


This tree is a $20 tree purchased from Walgreens several years ago.  I decided to dig it out and make it "just a red and gold tree".  It sits in my dining room and I just love how it turned out.  I did some more decorating around the house, but our big family tree is not up yet. 
Stay tuned for more holiday decorating.  It is my FAVORITE time of the year! 

1 comment:

Suz said...

Amen! I always boycott Black Friday...it just seems to cheapen the season with all the near-rioting and craziness!