Friday, November 26, 2010

Explosion Boxes

I made these little boxes for the ladies that work in my office.  



 You will need:
 7 1/2" square of cardstock(stamp as desired) for the box.
4  1/4" square of cardstock(stamp as desired) for the lid.
Ribbon

Score the 7 1/2" cardstock at 2 1/2" &  5".  Turn cardstock a quarter turn and repeat.  You will have 9 squares scored on the cardstock.
Score just the 4 corner squares diagonally.
Fold all score lines, folding the diagonal ones in toward the middle of the box.
Score the 4 1/4" piece of cardstock at 7/8" on all sides. 
On the 2 opposite sides, cut the vertical score lines until they meet the horizontal ones.  These will be your tabs.   Fold all score lines and tuck the tabs inside.  Use a strong adhesive to form the box lid.
Fill as desired, put the lid on the box and tie with ribbon.

The ladies loved them!
Now it's your turn!  Let me know how they turn out!

2 comments:

Suz said...

OMGosh--these are sooo cute. Thanks for giving the directions. I'm going to scraplift these to make little somethings for my adult students ; ) When I post on my blog, I'll give you credit and link to you ; )

Linda Bacon said...

Very cool!