Wednesday, October 6, 2010

An Emergency @ 5:37 am

Now, I'm sure that most of you would agree with me that when your child knocks on your door at 5:37 in the morning, you assume something is wrong.  Usually the first thing to come to mind is injury or illness.  The poor baby recently had wisdom teeth removed.  On the other hand, you might think that something horrible has happened.  Maybe an appliance is spewing smoke and flames, or the neighborhood is being invaded by aliens. 
Not This Morning!
When we heard the fateful knock, my husband called out,  "What's wrong?"
The answer?  Wait for it......................."My flatiron broke and I need to borrow Mom's."
I know what you're thinking.  But, since I was awake, I got up, went into our bathroom and handed the flatiron out the door. 
Since when is curly vs. straight hair an emergency at 5:37 in the morning?   We had a "conversation" tonight!
Oh, one more thing.  Did I mention the above-mentioned child was not my daughter?  That's right, it was my son.  Aren't teenager wonderful?

3 comments:

Tresa Black said...

LOL! Well, you got him back, you posted the story! Whenever he acts up you could threaten to send the link to his friends. Hee hee!

Ann said...

WOW! We think alike! Parenting - never a dull moment!

Debbie Carriere said...

Too funny!!! At least he knocked :)