Saturday, September 11, 2010

September 11th - Never Forget

Father Mychal Judge was a Franciscan Friar.  At the age of 68 he was killed by debis during the World Trade Center attack.  He was in the  North Tower.  He was one of the first victims of the attack and the image of his body being carried out of the rubble became one of the most famous images related to 9/11.  Father Mychal was known as the "Fireman's Friar".  His story touched me deeply when I first heard it.  Here is a prayer he carried in his pocket.  It is affectionately known to fireman as Mychal's Prayer:

Lord, take me where You want me to go;
Let me meet who You want me to meet;
Tell me what You want me to say, and
Keep me out of Your way.




Today is a day to remember....and never forget.  Rest in peace, Father.  Along with the thousands of others who died in this horrible attack.

No comments: