Friday, March 5, 2010

Oscar Goodman

As I mentioned in my previous post, this week was Reading Week at my school.  I wanted to wrap up the week in a special way, so I contacted the mayor's office a few weeks ago.  Lucky for me, the mayor had some time to come to our school and read to our students.  First, he read Tales for Tomas, a story about the history of Las Vegas.  He added his own anecdotes as he read this book, making the story truly special.  He went on to read Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus.  Encouraging the students to respond each time the pigeon asked to drive, made this a fun read-aloud.  We all had a wonderful time!
Mayor Goodman was very gracious and posed for photos. This is my principal, Dr. Bennett and me with the mayor . Unfortunately, I started to close my eyes in this one.  Honest, I was not sampling the Bombay Sapphire Gin!!!!!  For those of you who don't know the story, Oscar is a spokesperson for Bombay.  All kidding aside, he was truly gracious and our students and staff were very fortunate to have him as a guest reader at our school.


No comments: