Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The Showgirl Must Go On


We saw Bette Midler's show at the Colosseum last night. Not being a huge Bette Midler fan, I really wasn't sure what to expect.  She was hilarious!  The mermaid, Delores Delago blew me away.  The entire number was performed with Bette and the showgirls in motorized wheelchairs.  Now, I know what you're thinking.  But, it was incredible.  Think about the choreography involved!!! 
She told jokes that insulted every ethnic and social group, dropped a million f-bombs, had great dancers and musicians, and couldn't get the man sitting next to me to crack a smile!!! (No, I don't mean my husband!)  Of course, that made me laugh even harder!!  Seriously, why did this man come to this show?  Granted, as I stated earlier, I wasn't a huge fan, but I did know the type of humor she uses!
All in all, it was a fun night, despite the pouring rain outside.  And...if you remember my New Year's Resolution, I had fun!

No comments: